Being aware of the many environmental changes which have a detrimental effect on wildlife, flora and fauna due to the change in our climate, we felt that our green policy at The Old Vicarage could be better and perhaps also raise guest awareness of Green policy – as the saying goes “Every Little Helps.”
Our Green/Sustainable Tourism Policy is as follows:
- Energy saving light bulbs are used where possible.
- We operate a no smoking policy.
- As much waste as possible is recycled: glass, paper cardboard, plastic, cans, bottles, ink cartridges, batteries and clothes.
- Literature on seaton clifftop walk which has an abundance of nature.
- Wildlife books available.
- Use of organic and fairtrade products.
- No processed food is used.
- Use of eco friendly cleaning products and toiletries and recycled toilet tissue and tissues.
- Waste is kept to a minimum.
- Guest towel policy in use which is displayed in rooms.
- The well laid out garden is planted with trees, shrubs and plants which attract butterflies, bees and other insects.
- Birdfeeders are in place to attract and nourish many birds.
- Local produce is purchased, reducing “food miles”.
- Bottles of scottish water are purchased for the hospitality trays in bedrooms along with fairtrade products.
- A variety of organic fruit is grown in the organic garden which is used to make homemade preserves.
- Guests are encouraged to leave the car at the door and walk to local attractions which are all within a short walk of The Old Vicarage.
We are committed to sustainable tourism and welcome any ideas from guests that will help us reduce our impact on the environment, while still maintaining the highest levels of quality & service.